If you’re after a lamb recipe that tastes great but is super quick to make, give this rosemary and garlic lamb chops a go. You will not be disappointed.
The secret ingredient in this lamb chop recipe is anchovy. It gives a fabulous savoury flavour without tasting at all fishy.
- 6-8 rosemary stalks, leaves removed and finely chopped
- 2 lemons, zest peeled in long strips and juice reserved, plus extra wedges to serve
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 tinned anchovy fillets, finely chopped, plus 2tbsp oil from the tin
- 12 lamb cutlets
- 250g green beans, trimmed
- 35g butter
- Place the rosemary, lemon zest, garlic, anchovies, oil and lamb cutlets in a bowl with 2 more tbsp olive oil. Combine and marinate for 20 minutes, or up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat a grill to medium-high. Line a baking sheet with foil and place the cutlets on top. Season with pepper (the anchovy should rule out the need for salt), and grill (or braai) for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, depending on whether you want your lamb pink or cooked through.
- Meanwhile, blanch the green beans, melt the butter and mix it with the juice from the zested lemons. Toss the cooked beans in the lemon butter, season and serve alongside the lamb cutlets immediately, with extra lemon wedges on the side.