- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into long, thick slices
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 1 x 150g bag rocket
- 1 x 250g bag baby spinach
- 4 avocados
- 4tbsp blanched almonds, toasted
- For The Dressing:
- 6tbsp avocado oil
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 1tbsp fresh green pesto sauce
- Preheat the oven to 200 C, gas 6. Put the sweet potatoes into a roasting tin, add the oil and toss well. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 35 minutes or until just tender. Add the cherry tomatoes 10 minutes before the end of cooking.
- To assemble, divide the leaves among 8 serving bowls or plates. Halve, stone and peel the avocados. Slice thickly, top with the sweet potato and tomato mix. Scatter over the almonds. Mix together the avocado oil, lemon juice and pesto, drizzle over and serve.
Top Tip: Prepare and cook the salad a few hours ahead, except the avocado. Keep the ingredients, including the dressing, separate in food bags. Just before serving, slice the avocados and assemble the salad.