- 6 Romano peppers, halved lengthways and seeds removed
- 4tbsp balsamic glaze
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 24 anchovies
- 60 cherry tomatoes
- 6tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- fresh basil, to serve
- Heat the oven to 180C, 160C fan, 350F, gas 4. Line 1 or 2 roasting tins with foil and line up the pepper halves in them. In each half, add a drizzle of balsamic, a garlic clove, 2 anchovies and 5 tomatoes. Drizzle over the oil and some black pepper.
- Bake for 40 minutes then scatter with basil. Serve 2 pepper halves per person.