- 1 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2tbsp olive oil, plus more to drizzle
- 2 garlic cloves
- 350g spaghetti
- 6tbsp dried breadcrumbs
- 1tsp chilli flakes
- 50g rocket
- Grated Parmesan
- Heat the oven to 200 C, gas 6. Toss the butternut in half the oil and roast with the garlic cloves for 30 minutes, until soft and beginning to caramelise. While it’s cooking, put the pasta on to boil in salted water.
- Place the breadcrumbs and chilli flakes in a roasting tin with the remaining oil and some seasoning. Cook in the bottom of the oven for 5 to 10 minutes, until golden and crisp.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and put back in the pan with some olive oil, the squash, rocket and most of the breadcrumbs. Season and toss, then divide between 4 bowls. Serve with Parmesan and remaining breadcrumbs.