- 1 small butternut squash
- 75g goats' cheese, sliced from a small log
- 1 x 200g tin whole plum tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- few sprigs fresh rosemary or thyme
- 1tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 180 C, gas 4. Cut the squash in half just where the fat bulbous part goes thinner. Use the thinner bit to roast on the side. Scoop out the seeds of the fat part with a spoon - you may need a small, sharp knife to get you started - and discard. Put a few goats' cheese slices in the cavity. Drain the tomatoes and add to the cavity with the garlic, herbs and some seasoning, and end with the rest of the goats' cheese. Then sprinkle over the Parmesan.
- Place on a large double sheet of foil and scrunch up the edges. Bake for 50 minutes or until the squash is tender and the cheese has browned and melted. Serve with some delicious roasted vegetables.