Roast Duck With Pomegranate And Red Onion SambalPrint This
- 1 PnP Stuffed Duck
- Zest from 1 orange
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) PnP olive oil
- Pomegranate and red onion sambal:
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp (5ml) PnP castor sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 Tbsp (7.5ml) sumac
- Pinch salt
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) PnP olive oil
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) PnP red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5ml) honey
- 1/3 cup (80ml) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) fresh pomegranate rubies
- 50g PnP walnuts, toasted and crushed
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees centigrade
- Remove all outer packaging from duck
- Mix orange zest, seasoning, rosemary, cumin and olive oil together. Rub the mixture all over the duck.
- Place duck on a rack in a baking tray in the centre of the oven. Bake for 2 ½ hours, turning 3 times. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Toss onion, sugar, garlic, sumac and red wine vinegar and leave in a bowl to stand for 30 minutes.
- Add oil and honey and toss to combine, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve tossed with parsley, coriander, mint and pomegranate seeds and walnuts. Serve spooned all over the duck with a few extra sprigs of herbs for serving.