The best lollies you will taste this summer! Follow the easy steps in the video below and impress your guests.
Recipe by Vickie de Beer, Assisted by Lichelle May and Inemarie Rabie. Photography: Lee Schwagele
- 750ml milk
- 350ml evaporated milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Peel of 2 oranges
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 150g Spekko Royal Umbrella Jasmine Rice
- 210g sugar
- 160ml cream
- 310g IMBO Coconut, roasted
- You Will Need:
- 12 ice-lolly moulds and
- 12 ice-cream sticks
- Heat the milk, evaporated milk, cinnamon, orange peel and vanilla extract on medium heat until boiling. Add the rice and boil for another 15 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Stir in the sugar and cream, and boil for another 10 minutes, or until the rice is soft. Remove the cinnamon stick and orange peel, and let the mixture cool.
- Pour into 12 plastic ice-lolly moulds, push in the ice-cream sticks, and freeze for 6 hours, overnight, or until hard.
- Cover in the toasted coconut before serving.