Rib-eye steaks work so well with homemade barbecue sauce and this delicious dinner is ready in just 25 minutes.
- 4 rib-eye steaks
- A little olive oil
- For The Sauce:
- 1tbsp oil, plus extra, for the steaks
- 100g shallots, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1½tsp dried chilli flakes
- ½tsp sweet paprika
- 1tsp ground cumin
- ½tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 3tbsp cider vinegar
- 125g tomato sauce
- 1½tbsp dark brown sugar
- For the sauce, heat the oil in a small saucepan, add the shallots and cook gently until translucent. Add the garlic, chilli, paprika, cumin and cinnamon, and cook for another minute, stirring constantly. Add the remaining ingredients and 75ml water. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to medium-low and leave to cook for 3 minutes.
- For the steaks, brush them lightly with olive oil, season and cook on a hot frying pan or barbecue for 3 or 4 minutes on each side. Leave to rest for 5 minutes and serve with the barbecue sauce.
Top Tip for making Rib-Eye Steaks with Smoky Barbecue Sauce: Get Ahead: This sauce will keep in a sealed container, in the fridge, for up to a week.