Looking for a refreshing summer gin and tonic recipe? We love this recipe from Hope.
Credit: Imagery by Kye
- 5-10ml lemon juice (adjust as required to taste)
- 5-10ml thyme infused sugar syrup (adjust as required to taste). *See tip below
- 50ml Gin (Hope African Botanical or Hope London Dry)
- Top with tonic
- To Garnish:
- Fresh herbs - rosemary, mint, thyme
Pre-prep: a simple sugar syrup, which would be next level if you infused with a few sprigs of thyme or lemon thyme.
To make a sugar syrup – plain or infused:
[for infused syrup use 8 sprigs of fresh thyme / rosemary / other to infuse]
Put the sugar and water into a small pot on the stove and stir over a medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat, add the fresh sprigs and steep for 15 minutes. Strain into a clean, airtight container.
To make the Refreshing Summer Gin And Tonic
- Add all the ingredients to a glass filled with ice. Stir with a bar spoon (or long handled spoon).
- Serve on the rocks with the herbs and a grapefruit slice.