- 85g butter
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 3tbsp caster sugar
- 6-7 red onions, peeled and halved lengthways
- 1tbsp balsamic glaze
- 10-12 whole chestnuts
- 35g cranberries
- 375g all-butter puff pastry
- you will need
- 20cm heavy, circular, ovenproof pan or tarte tatin tin
- Melt the butter with the olive oil and sugar in the pan. Now carefully pack in the onions, upright, in concentric circles. Let the mixture cook over a gentle heat for about 40 minutes. Let it cool a little.Drizzle the balsamic over and scatter the chestnuts and cranberries on the top, pushing into the holes between the onions.
- Heat the oven to 200°C, 180°C fan. Roll out the pastry to a circle to around 2cm larger than the pan. Place the pastry on top, tucking the excess pastry into the edges of the pan. Bake the tart for 20 minutes or until the pastry is browned. Leave to stand for 5 minutes before carefully turning out: place your serving plate on top of the pan then carefully flip over.
This article originated on: www.womanandhome.com