- 500g very lean turkey mince
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely diced
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp dried oregano
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 free-range egg
- Extra virgin olive oil, for frying
- For The Sweet Potato Fritters:
- 800g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 free-range egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- Green salad, to serve
- Place the sweet potato chunks in boiling water and cook until just tender, then drain and roughly mash. Allow to cool.
- Put the turkey mince, garlic, shallots, cumin, oregano, chilli and egg in a large bowl and mix well to combine. Season with ground black pepper. Divide the mince into four and shape each piece into a burger. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the parsley and coriander with the beaten egg and flour and add to the cooled sweet potato. Shape into 4 large, flat fritters.
- Heat a little olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan and cook the fritters over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, add 1 teaspoon olive oil to a separate large, non-stick frying pan, and cook the burgers for 10-15 minutes, turning once, until cooked through. Serve each burger on a sweet potato fritter bed with a side salad.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.