- 125ml sunflower oil
- 4 onions, finely diced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 thumb ginger, grated
- 82ml medium masala
- 5ml turmeric powder
- 5ml ground jeera
- 5ml ground coriander
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 sprigs curry leaves
- 2 kg lamb knuckle
- 15ml coarse salt
- Extra dhania, curry leaves to garnish
- Heat the oil in a heavy pot. Add onions, cook until translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger, cook a few mins. Add curry powder and ground spices.
- Stir continuously until mixture is well done. Add lamb knuckles, turning to coat with spice mixture. Keep cooking about 20 mins, taking care not to burn.
- Add 1 tin tomatoes, thyme and curry leaves. Put lid on, cook on a very low heat until lamb is tender (about 2 ½ - 3hrs). Add second tin tomatoes just before lamb has finished cooking.
- Check seasoning, add salt if necessary. Garnish with fresh dhania and curry leaves.
Animal lover, digital creative, realistically optimistic and more passionate about my place in the world than ever before.