Jacqui’s Lamb Knuckle CurryPrint This
- 125ml sunflower oil
- 4 onions, finely diced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 thumb ginger, grated
- 82ml medium masala
- 5ml turmeric powder
- 5ml ground jeera
- 5ml ground coriander
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 sprigs curry leaves
- 2 kg lamb knuckle
- 15ml coarse salt
- Extra dhania, curry leaves to garnish
- Heat the oil in a heavy pot. Add onions, cook until translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger, cook a few mins. Add curry powder and ground spices.
- Stir continuously until mixture is well done. Add lamb knuckles, turning to coat with spice mixture. Keep cooking about 20 mins, taking care not to burn.
- Add 1 tin tomatoes, thyme and curry leaves. Put lid on, cook on a very low heat until lamb is tender (about 2 ½ – 3hrs). Add second tin tomatoes just before lamb has finished cooking.
- Check seasoning, add salt if necessary. Garnish with fresh dhania and curry leaves.