- 400g squash, peeled and cut into 1-2cm dice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 fresh sage leaves, shredded
- 300g spinach
- 1 egg
- 100ml double cream
- 75g blue cheese, crumbled
- pinch of salt
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 40g toasted walnuts, chopped
- Heat the oven to 200C, gas 6. Put the squash into a roasting trat and toss with the oil and sage. Roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the spinach and blanch for 30 seconds, then drain and refresh under cold water. Drain again and squeeze out any excess moisture. Chop roughly.
- Beat the egg with the cream in a mixing bowl and add the spinach and the crumbled cheese. Season well with salt and pepper.
- When the squash is cooked, add it to the spinach mixture and transfer it all to a baking dish.
- Lower the oven temperature to 140C, gas 1 and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until almost firm to the touch but still with a slight wobble.
- When ready, sprinkle with the walnuts and serve.
Top tip: This makes a great filling for a pastry, or is equally good cooked on a puff pastry, or baked on bruschetta.