- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 0.25 to 0.5tsp (depending how hot you like it) smoked paprika
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 250ml (passata
- 0.5tsp sugar
- 8 pork sausages
- large handful coriander
- Heat a sauté pan and, when hot, add the oil. Cook the onions for about 5 minutes until they’re just starting to soften. Add the paprika and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to the pan, season and cook for a couple of minutes, then add the chickpeas, passata, sugar and 250ml water to the pan, and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes. While it’s simmering, cook the sausages and, when they’re done, cut them into large chunks on the diagonal. Stir the coriander through the casserole and serve in bowls with the sausages on top.