Full of vitamin A, C and K and a great anti-inflammatory meal, this lentil soup is packed with goodness.
- 25g puy lentils
- 2tbsp sesame oil
- 4 banana shallots, finely chopped
- 3cm vegetable stock
- 4tsbp chopped coriander leaves
- Although puy lentils can be cooked without soaking, it's worth doing so for at least 2 hours to make them more easily digestible. Rinse thoroughly afterwards.
- Heat the sesame oil with 3 tsbp water in a large, heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat. Add the shallots and a pinch of salt and cook until they have softened. Add the fresh ginger root and fresh turmeric, followed by the chilli, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, ground turmeric and garlic.
- Add the lentils and stir until coated in the mix. Cook for 1-2 minutes to absorb the flavours of the spices and shallots, then pour in the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and let the lentils simmer for about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the chopped coriander and serve with flat bread with sweet potato on the side.