This aromatic, spicy pumpkin and sweet potato curry is suitable for vegetarians and is perfect if you’re watching calories.
ALSO SEE: Spinach And Paneer Curry Recipe
- 1 large onion, diced
- 450ml hot vegetable stock
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1tsp ras el hanout (Moroccan spice blend)
- ¼tsp turmeric
- 1tbsp tomato purée
- 750g pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 x 165ml can coconut milk
- 2 tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 100g fresh baby spinach leaves
- 150g cooked quinoa, to serve
- Cook onion with a little stock until soft. Add the garlic and cook for two minutes. Add the ras el hanout, turmeric, tomato purée; stir well.
- Add pumpkin and potato and cover with the stock. Cover and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes until the veg is nearly cooked.
- Add coconut milk and tomatoes; cook for 5 minutes. Add spinach and serve with quinoa.