- 20 slices of SASKO Low GI White Bread, crusts removed
- 1 small pre-cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1 bottle of store bought BBQ sauce
- 100g butter, softened
- 2 avocados, roughly mashed and seasoned
- 2 mealies, charred in a hot pan and cut off the cob
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced and run under hot water
- 1 tin of mixed beans, drained and washed
- 200ml sour cream
- 5 limes, quartered
- Pull the chicken off the bone and place in a bowl
- Add the BBQ sauce and season with salt and pepper
- Using a rolling pin, roll the crustless bread slices flat
- Use a cookie cutter to cut rounds out of the bread slices
- Butter the one side of the bread rounds
- In a medium, heat frying pan, fry the bread rounds until the buttered side is golden brown
- Remove from the pan and fold over a wooden spoon to form a taco shell. Leave for 5min to set.
- Mix the tomato, onion, corn, coriander and salt and pepper to make a salsa
- Fill the tacos with a spoonful of pulled chicken mixture and top with salsa, a few beans, mashed avocado, a drizzle of sour cream and a squeeze of lime.
Intern Digital editor at woman&home magazine. … Experienced digital editor with a demonstrated history of working in the media production industry.