It’s so easy to add more plant foods to your repertoire of regular “meaty” dishes – or try this brand-new pork and bean casserole with celeriac and apple slaw on the side. This recipe is the ideal one-pot recipe from the 2+1 Diet.
- 3/4tbsp oil
- 320g pork fillet, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 sticks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g haricot beans, soaked overnight in cold water
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 1tsp dried oregano
- For The Celeriac And Apple Slaw:
- 1 celeriac, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1tsp sea salt
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2tbsp white-wine vinegar
- 2tbsp soya yoghurt
- 1tsp each fennel- and caraway seeds
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into thin strips
- Heat the oil in a medium heavy-based casserole, and brown the pork in batches then set aside. Add the onion and celery and cook for 5 minutes until softened and lightly browned, then add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the beans, stock and oregano to the pan, and return the pork. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until tender.
- For the Celeriac and Apple Slaw: Mix the celeriac, onion; and 1tsp sea salt, then remove to a colander and set aside to soften for 30 minutes.
- Mix the Dijon mustard with the white-wine vinegar and soya yoghurt, and season with black pepper.
- Combine all the ingredients, along with the fennel- and caraway seeds, lightly toasted in a hot frying pan, in a large bowl, and add the Granny Smith apples.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.