- 1 side of salmon, boneless, skin on
- 1tbsp light brown sugar
- for the salsa
- 4 ripe nectarines, stones removed, and roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, halved and finely sliced
- small handful basil leaves, chopped
- juice 1 lime
- you will need
- 1 cedar plank (we used Fire Spice cedar plank from Weber, but they're available in major supermarkets)
- Soak the plank in water for 2 hours, drain and set aside. Put the plank on a hot barbecue grill, with the lid on. Allow to heat and char slightly for around 5 to 10 minutes.
- Set the salmon on the plank, skin side down, season well and sprinkle over the sugar. Replace the lid on the barbecue and cook for 20 to 25 minutes. Meanwhile, mix together all the salsa ingredients in a small bowl and serve with the cooked salmon.
- If you prfer to oven cook, heat the oven to 180C, 160C fan, 350F, gas 4. Heat the soaked, drained plank on an oven tray for 5 minutes, then add the salmon and cook, as above.