This pink grapefruit, black bean and rice salad is a fresh and flavourful salad that can be made in advance. It’s the perfect dish for casual summer entertaining, but is also a great option for packed lunches.
The salad is gluten and dairy free, and suitable for vegans. It’s a great option for when you’re catering for a range of dietary requirements.
- 2 large pink grapefruit
- 200g packet cooked basmati rice
- 400g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4tbsp coriander
- Segment the grapefruit with a small, serrated knife over a bowl to catch all the juice. Then squeeze out the remaining juice from the grapefruit.
- Microwave the sachet of rice, according to package instructions, then mix it with the grapefruit juice, fluffing the rice with a fork to separate. Add the grapefruit segments stir in the beans and olive oil, season well, and scatter with fresh coriander to serve.