- For the balsamic reduction
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- For the chicken
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 170ml Knorr Balsamic & Pineapple Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- ½ cup flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- salt and pepper, to season
- 12 slices fresh pineapple
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh coconut, roughly chopped
- 2 red chillies, thinly sliced
- 2tbsp roasted cashew nuts
- 1 cup watercress leaves
- a pinch of salt
- 2tbsp double-cream plain yoghurt, to garnish
- 1tsp smoked paprika, to garnish
Have you mastered the art of the perfect signature salad? What makes it signature? For us, it’s all in the details… it’s about the way you plate it and how you make the flavours balance. The secret ingredient? The salad dressing.
The new Knorr Balsamic & Pineapple Vinaigrette Salad Dressing is a perfect combination of the fresh tropical flavour of pineapple and the sweet, crisp and slightly tart flavour of balsamic vinegar, striking the ideal balance.
- For the balsamic reduction, carefully simmer the balsamic vinegar in a saucepan until syrupy and let it cool to room temperature.
- Combine the chicken, buttermilk and 125ml of Knorr Balsamic & Pineapple Vinaigrette Salad Dressing in a bowl and leave to marinate for at least an hour in the fridge before using.
- Remove chicken from marinade and toss in the flour. Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium heat. Carefully add the chicken breasts and pan roast until golden brown and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the balsamic reduction onto the plates in a zigzag pattern. Slice the hot chicken and divide between the plates.
- In a mixing bowl, place the pineapple, onion, coconut, chilli, cashew nuts, watercress and 2tbsp Knorr Balsamic & Pineapple Vinaigrette Salad Dressing. Add a pinch of salt and combine carefully, then arrange around the chicken.
- To finish, add a few dots of the yoghurt, a sprinkle of smoked paprika and the rest of the dressing, and serve.
For all competition details, terms and conditions, click here: https://www.knorrwhatsfordinner.co.za/knorrsignaturesalads/
Digital Editor at woman&home magazine, F1 Fan, Chocoholic.