- Bundt cake
- 3 cups (420 g) cake flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 250 g butter, softened
- 2 ½ cups (500 g) sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tub Parmalat smooth cottage cheese
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- Essence of choice (1 tsp vanilla or ½ tsp either lemon, pineapple or almond)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) citrus zest, orange, lemon or lime
- Cream cheese frosting
- 1 tub Parmalat cream
- 1 tub Parmalat cream cheese (plain)
- 1 cup (200 g) castor sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and dust a 2l cm Bundt pan.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In the mixing bowl of an electric mixer, with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar for about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and scrape down the sides of the bowl after every addition.
- In a separate bowl whisk the Parmalat cottage cheese and milk together.
- Alternately add a little of the flour mixture and the cottage cheese mixture to the bowl, always starting and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Add the essence and or zest of choice and mix.
- Spoon the batter into the pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the thickest part of the cake comes out clean. Cover the pan with foil after 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before turning out on a wire rack.
- Drizzle with some of the cream cheese frosting and return the cake to the still hot but switched off oven. Serve the rest of the frosting on the side.
Cream cheese frosting
- Whisk the cream until stiff peak stage. Set aside.
- Whisk together the cream cheese and castor sugar until smooth. Stir in the vanilla essence.
- Fold the cream into the cream cheese mixture.
Intern Digital editor at woman&home magazine. … Experienced digital editor with a demonstrated history of working in the media production industry.