Lorraine Pascale’s pan-fried kale with pomegranate and feta has a chilli honey dressing to make a healthy salad.
- 200g kale
- Oil spray, or a little olive oil for frying
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 200g feta, drained
- 1 pomegranate, arils only
- For The Chilli Honey Dressing:
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- Good pinch of chilli flakes, or 1 small chilli, deseeded and very finely chopped
- 1/2tsp honey (optional)
- To prepare the kale, rip out any stalks, tear the leaves into slightly smaller pieces, rinse them in cold water and drain well.
- Spray a little oil in the bottom of a large sauté pan or wok and place over a medium heat. Add the kale, thyme and a little salt and pepper and cook for 5-6 minutes, tossing regularly.
- As this cooks, make the dressing. Place the oil, vinegar, chilli flakes or fresh chilli and honey, if using, in a mug and whisk up well with a fork. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- The kale should be soft and wilted once cooked. Toss the dressing through to evenly coat. Remove from the heat and tip into a large serving bowl. Crumble over the feta, scatter with pomegranate seeds and serve.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.