- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1tbsp icing sugar
- 85g bunch basil, stalks and leaves separated
- 200ml olive oil (not extra virgin)
- 1 large ciabatta, sliced into 8
- 250g bocconcino mozzarella
- Heat the oven to 130°C, 110°C fan. Place the tomatoes on a non-stick baking sheet; dust with the sugar. Season and cook for 1 hour 30 minutes, then cool.
- In a saucepan, gently heat the basil stalks and oil until the oil just begins to steam. Remove from the heat and infuse for an hour or so. Remove the basil stalks.
- Toast the bread. Tear the mozzarella into thirds and divide between the bread. Top with tomatoes and some basil oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and scatter with basil leaves.