Mushroom TartPrint This
- 300g ready-rolled all-butter puff pastry, chilled
- 50g butter
- 250g portabellini or chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 150g oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8 sprigs thyme, leaves only
- 100ml white wine
- 3tbsp double cream
- 25g pinenuts, toasted
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 2 slices garlic butter
- Preheat the oven to 220 C. Cut the pastry into a square and place on a baking sheet. Cut the remaining pastry into 2cm strips and place around the pastry square to build a frame of 2 to 3 layers. Don’t worry if it’s not perfect – this adds to the “rustic” look. Place in the fridge.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan and add the mushrooms, garlic and half the thyme leaves. Gently fry for 10 minutes until tender. Increase the heat, add the wine, and bubble for 5 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in the cream and heat through for 1 minute.
- Spoon the mixture into your prepared pastry case. Sprinkle with the remaining thyme and pinenuts. Brush the edgesof the pastry with the beaten egg. Transfer to the hot oven for 10 to 15 minutes until the pastry is risen and golden. Put the garlic butter onto the tart and serve immediately.
This article originated on: www.womanandhome.com