- 25g butter
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 heaped tsp paprika
- 400g mixed mushrooms, sliced such as shitake Portobello, chestnut and oyster
- 60ml dry sherry or white wine
- 100ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 150ml soured cream
- 1tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- Melt the butter with the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan, add the onion and cook for 6 to 8 minutes until soft and golden. Add the garlic and paprika and cook for a further minute or two. Add all the mushrooms and cook on a high heat for a further five minutes, stirring often.
- Pour in the sherry or white wine and let it bubble for a minute, then add the stock and allow the mixture to bubble for 5 minutes to reduce and thicken slightly.
- Reduce the heat, add the soured cream, season and stir well until thoroughly combined. Scatter over the parsley and serve immediately.