- 200g skinless firm white fish fillets
- 250g white button mushrooms
- 5ml turmeric
- 5ml Thai green curry paste
- 1 egg
- 30g cornflour
- 80ml fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt and milled black pepper
- 200g quinoa, cooked and drained
- 45ml fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 15ml odourless coconut oil or avocado oil
- To serve:
- Lime wedges
- Mixed green leaves
- Carrot and cucumber ribbons
- Radish slices
- Guacamole or sliced avocado
- Place the fish and mushrooms into the bowl of a food processor and blitz.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Divide the mixture into golf ball-sized balls and flatten lightly using the palm of your hand. Chill the fish cakes in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan and pan fry the fish cakes, in batches, for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve with lime wedges, a seasonal green salad and a dollop of guacamole or avo slices.
*Recipe supplied by the South African Mushroom Farmers’ Association.