Having a moroccan roast chicken craving? We’ve got you covered!
* 1/4 cup harissa
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* Juice and zest of 1 lemon (keep the zest for the soup)
* 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
* 1 tbsp brown sugar
* 2 tsp ground coriander
* 2 tsp ground cumin
* 1 whole chicken (keep the bones for the soup)
* Salt and pepper
* 1 butternut, peeled and sliced (optional)
* 2 tbsp chopped parsley
* 1 chilli, chopped
* 400g tin chickpeas, drained (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180ÆC.
2. Mix together harissa, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, coriander and cumin. Place the chicken on a baking tray. Rub the spicy mixture all over it (under the skin too) and season it with salt and pepper. Arrange the butternut around the chicken (optional)
3. Roast for 45 minutes, or until the chicken is golden. Sprinkle with parsley and chilli. Add the chickpeas (optional) and roast for another 10 minutes. Serve.
Serves 4 | Prep: 10mins | Cooking time: 55min
[Image by Monika Grabkowska via Unsplash}