- 1.5kg potatoes
- 250g goose fat, beef dripping or olive oil
- 2-3tbsp seasoned flour
- few sprigs thyme
- 4 heads of garlic
- a little oil for the garlic
- Heat the oven to 190C, gas 5. Peel the potatoes then cut into small chunks. Steam until just cooked, then give them a shake to rough up the edges. Steaming them will give a crispier potato.
- Put a tea towel over them while you heat up the fat in a large or 2 smaller roasting tins in the oven. Drizzle each head of garlic with a little oil and wrap in foil.
- Shake the potatoes in the flour then put into the hot fat, turning them to coat. Add plenty of sea salt and tuck in the garlic. Sprinkle over the thyme. Roast for about 1 hour until they are golden and crispy. Serve the garlic with the roasties for guests to squeeze out the delicious purée!
Passionate digital editor, social media manager and journalist. She gets excited about new trends in the digital industry and as a career-obsessed young woman, she is always ready to learn something new. To take a break from digital, she loves reading hard copy books and magazines. If she’s not working, you’ll find her in a yoga class or running a half marathon. And afterwards with a glass of champagne, of course.