Pomegranate seeds and mangoes are a match made in heaven. It’s especially good when sprinkled over our sweet, mini pavlovas.
- 3 large free-range egg whites
- 165g caster sugar
- 200ml whipping or double cream
- Icing sugar, to taste
- ¼tsp vanilla bean paste, or the seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- 1 large ripe mango, cut into small chunks
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- Heat the oven to 150 C, 130 C fan, gas 2. Put the egg white into a large bowl and beat until it forms stiff peaks. Add the sugar, a little at a time, whisking after each addition until the mixture is stiff and glossy.
- With a little mixture, stick baking parchment on to a baking sheet. Dollop the meringue into 4 circles. Put the tray on the bottom shelf of the oven, turn down the heat to 130 C, 110 C fan, gas ½ and bake for 40 minutes.
- Turn off the oven; let the meringues cool inside for a few hours. Whip the cream with the icing sugar and vanilla until it forms soft peaks. Dollop cream on to each meringue then top with fruit. Serve immediately.