Mima's Rainbow FudgePrint This
- Vegetable or sunflower oil, for greasing
- 450g good-quality white chocolate (minimum 30% cocoa solids), roughly chopped
- 397g can condensed milk
- 30g salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- Food colouring pastes (purple, blue, green, yellow, orange and red)
- Lightly grease a 16 x 10 x 8cm loaf tin with a little oil and line with clingfilm.
- Place the white chocolate, condensed milk and butter in a medium, heavy-based saucepan and set it over a low-medium heat. Stir gently until melted, smooth and combined, then stir in the orange extract.
- Divide between six bowls and stir a little food colouring paste into each portion until well combined.
- Pour the purple mixture into the lined loaf tin and freeze for 15 minutes. Ok to put a still warm mixture in the freezer? Yes, it cools very quickly. Meanwhile, cover the remaining bowls with clingfilm. Repeat this process with the blue, green, yellow, orange and red mixtures, pouring each mixture over the previous layer and freezing each layer as above. Cover with clingfilm and leave to set overnight in the fridge until firm.
- Turn out onto a chopping board, peel off the clingfilm and cut the fudge into 20 even slices, then cut each slice into three pieces. Store in an airtight container in the fridge to keep the fudge nice and firm