- 1 lemon, halved
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 1 whole chicken, about 1.6kg
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp sumac
- 1 garlic bulb, divided into cloves
- for the roasted vegetables
- 500g baby new potatoes
- 2 red onions, cut into 6 pieces
- 2 red onions, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 5tbsp olive oil
- Heat the oven to 220°C, 200°C fan. Stuff the lemon halves and 2 of the rosemary sprigs into the chicken cavity. Mix the olive oil together with the sumac and a generous amount of seasoning, and spread all over the bird. Put the garlic cloves in a large roasting tin with the remaining rosemary and sit the chicken on top. Roast for 20 minutes, then turn the oven down to 190°C, 170°C fan. Toss the veg in the 5tbsp of oil, then add to the roasting tin and roast for a further 40 minutes, until the juices run clear when you insert a skewer into the thickest parts of the breast or leg, and the vegetables are golden and caramelised.
- When the chicken is cooked, allow it to rest for 10 minutes, keeping the vegetables in a low oven. Serve the chicken and vegetables together, with extra lemon wedges, if you like.
DISCLAIMER: Before starting any diet, you should speak to your doctor. You must not rely on the information on this website/newsletter as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.
This article originated on: www.womanandhome.com