- 2tbsp olive oil
- 750g very lean stewing steak, cut into large chunks
- 2 red onions, cut into thick wedges
- 2 red peppers, cut into thick slices
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into thick slices
- 600g ripe plum tomatoes, quartered
- 2tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 300ml red wine
- 150g mixed olives, drained
- 6tbsp fresh oregano, chopped, plus extra for serving
- 2 heads garlic, halved
- Heat the oven to 190°C. Heat the oil in a roasting tin. Brown the beef in batches over a medium heat for 5 minutes, then set aside. In the same roasting tin, fry the onions and peppers for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and 150ml water, then season. Cover with foil, bake in the oven for 1 hour, then remove foil and bake for a further hour. Scatter with oregano leaves and serve.