Master Marinade SaucePrint This
- 2 large shallots or onions, peeled
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 large red chillies, trimmed
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 8 sprigs of fresh rosemary, leaves only
- 2tbsp fennel seeds
- 2tbsp smoked paprika
- 3tbsp soy sauce
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1tbsp mustard powder
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 225ml tomato sauce
- 175ml orange or apple juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Simply put all the ingredients in a blender and whizz until combined.
- Put into a saucepan, bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cool and store in a sterilised jar.