The sharp cranberries in these gourmet maple and pistachio flapjacks offset the sweetness perfectly.
- 150g butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 100g maple syrup
- 100g golden syrup
- 275g porridge oats
- 75g pistachios, shelled
- 175g dried berries and cherries
- 50g white chocolate chips
- You Will Need:
- 18cm square shallow cake tin, lined with tinfoil
- Heat the oven to 180 C, gas 4. Place the butter, caster sugar, maple syrup and golden syrup in a pan and heat until the butter has melted. Add the porridge oats, pistachios, berries and cherries, and stir the mixture well.
- Spread the mixture in the cake tin and press down well. Bake for 25 minutes until just golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the white chocolate chips while still hot. Leave to cool in the tin before turning out and cutting into slices.