- 2 large mangoes, peeled, deseeded and roughly chopped (plus extra to serve)
- Juice of 2 lemon, plus strips of extra lemon zest to serve
- 5 passion fruit
- 5 free-range eggs, separated
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 250g caster sugar
- 600ml Double Light cream, lightly whipped
- 100ml coconut cream
- YOU WILL NEED
- 1 2-litre container with a lid
- Using a hand blender, purée the mango pieces with the lemon juice, add the contents of the passion fruit then pass the fruit mixture through a sieve, discarding the seeds and any tough mango flesh.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the vanilla extract and caster sugar until pale and thick. In a second bowl, mix the double cream with the coconut cream until soft peaks form. Then in a third bowl, whisk the egg whites until very stiff.
- Fold the whipped cream into the egg yolks, then fold in the mango mixture. Gently fold in the egg whites using a whisk. Pour into the container, cover and freeze overnight. Serve with slices of fresh mango and decorate with strips of lemon zest.