A quick & easy recipe (just two steps!) packed with flavour. It is the perfect summer salad and ideal for hot, summer days!
Recipe by Vickie de Beer, Assisted by Lichelle May and Inemarie Rabie. Photography: Lee Schwagele
- For The Dressing:
- 2tsp ginger, grated
- 2tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, chopped
- 1tbsp soy sauch
- 1tbsp honey
- 2tbsp lime juice
- 2tbsp olive oil
- For The Salad:
- 500g cooked Spekko Royal Umbrella Jasmine Rice
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 small pawpaw, peeled and diced
- 1 pineapple, peeled and diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2 chives, finely chopped
- 2 large handfuls of coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 100g roasted peanuts
- 16 prawns, cleaned and cooked
- For the dressing, mix all the ingredients together and season to taste.
- For the salad, place the rice in a bowl, mix in the mango, pawpaw, pineapple, cucumber, chives, coriander and peanuts, and arrange the prawns on top. Pour over the dressing just before serving.