Lobster Tail and Prawn PiePrint This
- For the sauce:
- 200ml whole milk
- 200ml fish stock
- 100g butter
- 50g plain flour
- 1tsp English mustard powder
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 150ml double cream
- 50g mature Cheddar or Gruyere, grated
- For the pie filling:
- 250g spinach
- 750g mashed potato
- 100g mature cheddar or Gruyere, finely grated
- 400g raw tiger prawns
- 5 lobster tails, around 750g, thickly sliced
- 20g breadcrumbs
- You wll need:
- 1.7 litre dish
- Heat the oven to 200C, gas 6. For the sauce, mix the milk and stock in a jug, set aside. Melt 50g (2oz) of the butter in a heavy-based saucepanthen stir in the flour and mustard powder to make a smooth paste.
- Gradually whisk in the milk and stock mixtureuntil you have a thick, smooth sauce. Add the cloves and bay leaf then stir inthe cream and cheese, heat for a few minutes and season to taste, set aside.
- For the pie filling; microwave the spinach for 2 minutes, drain and squeeze out any excess water then set aside.
- Stir 75g of the grated cheese into the mash.
- Put the fish into the dish adding the spinach around it. Remove and discard the cloves and bay leaf from the sauce then pourover the fish and top with an even layer of mash. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and the breadcrumbs then dot over small cubes of the remaining butter.
- Place on a baking tray and cook for 45-55 minutes or until heated through and bubbling.