- 1½ tablespoons oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup Pouyoukas lentils
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3½ cups (750ml) stock
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Heat the oil in a large pot and sauté the onion. Add Pouyoukas lentils, potato, carrot and spices and stir to combine everything.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes, or until the lentils and sweet potato are tender.
- Stir in the ½ cup of coconut milk.
- Serve with brown rice.
*Recipe supplied by Pouyoukas Foods.
As the food and decor editor of Woman&Home, Claire enjoys nothing more than eating great food in beautiful locations. In a perfect world, she would travel for a living and have a Lord of the Rings marathon every weekend.