- 1tbsp oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 3 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g can kidney beans
- 250g pack cooked puy lentils
- 100g spring greens or sprout tops, shredded
- 4 free-range eggs
- fresh rosemary sprigs, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large pan and sweat the onions and celery for 10 mins. Add the garlic and cook for a couple of mins then add the stock, tomatoes and rosemary. Bring to the boil then simmer for 10 mins.
- Now add the beans. Semi-cook the lentils, according to packet instructions, for a few mins then add them too. Keep the soup simmering while you poach the eggs.
- Bring a sauté pan of water to the boil then turn it down to a very low simmer. Break the eggs one by one into a ramekin and gently tip into the water. Put on the lid and cook for 3 mins. Add the greens to the soup and top each bowl with a poached egg and some rosemary, if using.
A freelance writer and editor, with 15 years’ experience in the media industry. With a passion for health and fitness, Tammy loves nothing more than researching the latest wellness trends. And if she’s not running around after her sweet four-year old daughter, you’ll find Tammy on her bike, in the gym or exploring the great outdoors – followed by a good coffee, of course!