- 150g castor sugar
- juice 3 lemons
- 1tbsp elderflower cordial
- ½ free range egg white
- 600ml Prosecco
- Cantuccini biscuits, for dipping
- Place the sugar in a saucepan with 600ml water. Dissolve over a low heat, then simmer for 3 to 5 minutes until you have a very light syrup.
- If you're using a sugar thermometer, it should reach 106 to 112°C. Allow the syrup to cool completely, then stir through the lemon juice and cordial.
- Transfer to a container and freeze. When frozen, allow to defrost enough to break it up easily, then break into chunks and place in a food processor with the egg white. Whizz until smooth, place back into the container and freeze again.
- To serve, scoop a ball into 4 glass bowls then top with a good glug of Prosecco and serve immediately with Cantuccini biscuits on the side.
This article originated on: www.womanandhome.com
Digital Editor at woman&home magazine, F1 Fan, Chocoholic.