Lamb and Chickpea Burgers with GrainPrint This
- 3tbsp sunfower oil
- 1 shallot, peeled and fnely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can of chickpeas, rinsed
- 400g minced lamb
- 6tbsp chopped fresh coriander and flat-leaf parsleyFor the salad
- 250g pouch pre-cooked mixed grains (we used Woolworths’ 7 Grain Medley)
- 85g prunes, soaked in hot tea for 10 minutes then finely chopped
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- a large handful of mixed herbs, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- a drizzle of olive oil
- hummus, to serve
- chilli jam, to serve
- Heat 1tbsp sunflower oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the shallot and garlic and cook for 3 minutes, or until softened and slightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- Using a food processor, pulse the chickpeas until finely chopped but not puréed. Remove to a large bowl, add the cooled shallot and garlic, lamb mince, herbs and lots of seasoning. Mix well, divide into 4 and shape into burgers.
- In a large frying pan, heat 2tbsp of the sunfower oil and fry the burgers for 4-6 minutes on each side, or until browned and cooked through. Or brown them then finish cooking in a hot (200°C, 180°C fan) oven.
- For the salad, heat the grains according to the pack instructions, mix with the remaining ingredients and season well.
- Serve the burgers with a dollop of hummus, a little chilli jam and the salad on the side.