- 100ml (4fl oz) soy sauce
- 3tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2tbsp honey
- 3tbsp chilli paste
- 50g (2oz) miso paste
- 5cm fresh ginger, finely grated
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2tsp sesame oil
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 x 150g packs straight to wok udon noodles
- ½ cucumber deseeded and sliced
- juice 1 lime
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- large handful coriander leaves, chopped
- Mix the soy, vinegar, honey, miso, ginger, garlic and sesame oil until smooth, add the chicken, mix to coat well then leave to marinate for at least 2 hours or preferably overnight.
- Heat the oven to 150C, 130C fan, 300F, gas 2. Line a roasting tin with foil and add the chicken and all the marinade, cook for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until thoroughly cooked through and the skin is brown and crispy.
- When you are ready to serve, heat the oil in a wok, add the noodles, stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, remove from the heat and toss with the remaining ingredients. Serve with the chicken.