- 15ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 5ml (1 tsp) olive oil
- 200g prawns, peeled, cleaned and deveined (tails still on)
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- squeeze of lemon juice, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1 fennel bulb, finely sliced
- ¼ cabbage, finely sliced
- 60ml (1/4 cup) mayonnaise
- salt, to taste
- 150g fior di latte mozzarella ball, torn into pieces
- 2 grapefruits, peeled and chopped
- rocket leaves, to garnish
- edible flowers, to garnish (optional)
- Knorr Balsamic & Pineapple Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- For the prawns, add the butter and olive oil to a large pan and heat over high heat. Once the butter has melted, add the prawns and fry, about 3 – 4 minutes in total, turning occasionally. Remove from heat and season with lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Add the sliced fennel bulb, cabbage and mayonnaise to a bowl and stir to coat well and season to taste.
- To assemble your salads, place 4 plates in front of you. On each plate, neatly arrange a round of the cabbage-fennel mixture. Top with prawns and pieces of mozzarella, then arrange grapefruit pieces around the dish, top with rocket leaves and decorate with edible flowers.
- Finish with a generous drizzle of KNORR Balsamic & Pineapple Vinaigrette Salad Dressing before serving.
For all competition details, terms and conditions, click here: https://www.knorrwhatsfordinner.co.za/knorrsignaturesalads/
Expert tips on how to create your own #KnorrSignatureSalads: • Use edible flowers to decorate your meals to add that sophisticated and professional look. • Instead of serving in bowls, plate your salad on flat plates and pile it up to create height. • Think about colours: We garnished our signature salad with rocket to add a beautiful pop of green and added bright slices of grapefruit to add vibrancy!