- 1 packet of Boudoir Biscuits (aka ladyfingers)
- 1 cup Castle Milk Stout Chocolate Infused
- ½ cup strong coffee/espresso
- 4 large egg yolks
- 4 large egg whites
- ½ cup and ¼ cup Castor Sugar
- 2 cups Mascarpone Cheese, softened/room temperature
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Essence
- 1 Tsp. Almond Essence
- Cocoa Powder, for dusting between layers
- 100g dark chocolate, shaved to garnish
- Line the bottom of your individual serving dishes with a layer of boudoir biscuits.
- Combine the Castle Milk Stout and coffee in a jug and spoon onto the first layer of biscuits, careful not to make it too soggy.
- In a mixing bowl whisk the egg yolks and ½ cup of castor sugar until light and fluffy. [Use a hand or stand mixer if you have one.]
- Using a spatula, fold in the softened mascarpone ½ cup at a time and then add vanilla and almond essence.
- Using an electric mixer beat the egg whites, adding the ¼ cup of castor sugar gradually until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites mixture gently into the mascarpone mixture, adding 1/3 at a time, making sure to keep it light.
- Spoon the mixture into the serving dish on top of the biscuits to make a layer and dust with cocoa.
- Repeat these layers, depending on the depth of your dish, ending with a layer of the mascarpone mixture.
- Cover with aluminium foil, refrigerate and allow to set for 12 hours or overnight before serving.
- Just before serving, grate some dark chocolate curls or shavings over the top, then serve your Beeramisu.
Digital Editor at woman&home magazine, F1 Fan, Chocoholic.