Our jerk chicken and coleslaw is a spicy and sweet chicken recipe – delicious!
ALSO SEE: Coconut Slaw Recipe
- 2 large skin-on chicken thighs, on the bone
- 1tbsp jerk spice mix/seasoning
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 75g red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2tbsp low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2tbsp mayonnaise
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat the oven to 180C, gas 4. Slash the chicken skin with a knife a few times, then rub the jerk spice mix and olive oil all over. Place on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together in a large bowl until the vegetables are well coated with the sauce. Serve with the jerk chicken and lemon wedges on the side.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.