- For the Brownies
- 200g butter
- 200g dark chocolate
- 4tbsp Frangelico hazelnut liqueur
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 150g brown sugar
- 200g castor sugar
- 150g self-raising flour, sifted
- 50g cocoa powder, sifted
- 150g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- To Decorate
- 100g white chocolate, melted, plus a few chocolate sprinkles
- You will also need
- 31x25cm brownie tin, greased and lined with baking paper
- Heat the oven to 180°C, 160°C fan. Melt the butter and chocolate in a large bowl over a pan of barely simmering water. Once it has melted, stir in the Frangelico.
- Whisk the eggs and both sugars in a large bowl until light, pale and creamy. Gently fold in the flour and cocoa powder, then add the chocolate mixture and hazelnuts until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes. The mixture will be sticky when you test it with a skewer, but not raw. Leave to cool.
- Remove from the tin, then either with a piping bag or a teaspoon, drizzle over the melted white chocolate, scatter over the chocolate sprinkles, then cut into small squares.