Ham And Olive TortillaPrint This
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 300g baby potatoes, thinly sliced
- 60g pitted black olives, halved
- 200g cooked ham, shredded
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- for the peppers
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 150g jalapeño peppers
- sea salt
- Heat the oil in a deep, 23cm ovenproof frying pan, add the onion and gently fry for 5 minutes. Add the potatoes and cook for a further 15 minutes with the lid on, stirring occasionally. When cooked and golden, turn the heat right down and add the olives and ham. Spread the ingredients evenly around the pan.
- Mix the eggs with 2tbsp water, season and pour over the ingredients in the pan, tipping slightly to help the egg mixture cover everything evenly. Cook gently on the hob for 15 minutes until the tortilla is just set, and heat the oven to 150°C, 130°C fan.
- For the peppers, heat the oil until very hot in a large frying pan, add the peppers and fry for 3 to 5 minutes until they begin to char around the edges, then sprinkle with sea salt.
- Transfer the tortilla pan to the oven and cook for a final 5 minutes until fully cooked through. Invert on to a large, flat plate then turn over again (so the tortilla is the right way up) on to a chopping board. Cut out slices as you would a pizza and serve with the jalapeño peppers.