- For the salad:
- 300g asparagus spears, woody ends snapped off
- 2 courgettes, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 2 red peppers, roughly chopped
- 200g Halloumi cheese, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 2tbsp olive oil
- For the dressing:
- Small bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ shallot, finely chopped
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 orange, juiced and zested
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tsp dijon mustard
- 2tsp tiny capers, rinsed
- Brush the asparagus, courgettes, peppers and Halloumi with the oil. Heat a large griddle pan or frying pan on a high heat and, in batches, fry the vegetables for 2 minutes on each side until softened and lightly charred. Carefully wipe out the pan with kitchen paper and then griddle the Halloumi for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Do not be tempted to move the food as it is cooking to make sure you get perfect griddle marks.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a serving jug and mix well. Serve the salad piled on plates with the orange caper dressing drizzled over.